For Thanksgiving we went up to my Aunt's house in Washington. I got to see my grandparents too and that was really nice. We had all the traditional trimmings with the turkey and it tasted great! After Thanksgiving, I stayed in Washington for 10 days to watch my cousins while my Aunt and Uncle went on vacation to Columbia. The kids were great and really well behaved and so helpful to me too. Adam stayed for the weekend, then had to return home to attend school and study. Every day Lizzy would tell me, "I just miss my daddy!" It was so cute. I missed him too! He came back the next Friday to pick me up and we came back home on Saturday.
When we got home, we found a Christmas tree on our doorstep! Someone left it anonymously and Lizzy was so excited to set it up and put lights on it. We put it up that night, but it was too late to decorate. So the next day we decorated the tree and Lizzy was so proud of herself.

Here she is next to her beautiful decorations. You can tell where she placed hers becasue they are all grouped together in bunches. I had a hard time getting her to smile at the right time for the picture though. She thinks that if she says "cheese" then the picture is automatically taken and that's all that needs to be done. So she will say cheese really quick and then stop smiling.
We are excited for Christmas because we get to go home! I am excited to see the snow and see all of my family. It's going to be great, all of my family will be home for Christmas, and all of Adam's family will be home too, so we get to see everyone! That is quite an accomplishment! So we'll be leaving after exams are all done and will take lots of pictures.
Since writing the above (a couple days ago) the snow has come! This morning we woke up to find it snowing, but not reaching the ground. A few hours later, the snow decided to stay and now there's a blanket of white. Seeing the snow makes me miss home and all the fun activities that we do in the snow. Lizzy is really excited for the snow and wants to play in it, but since I'm not feeling well today and Adam is not home right now she is just going to have to wait.
School might close tomorrow and that means that Adam's exams will be postponed until after the holidays, which is a bummer. I'm sure he doesn't want to think about exams or studying while we're supposed to be relaxing and having fun. Hopefully it won't be a big hassle.
Snow down here is a big deal. If we had a couple inches of snow at home, everything would go on as normal, but here almost everything shuts down. It's ridicolous! I guess they aren't prepared for snow removal or driving. People here do NOT know how to drive in the snow. We have no problem, having learned to drive in the snow, but I try to stay off the roads anyway because the other drivers can be dangerous. But despite the drawbacks, I love the snow and am glad to see it!
2 comments:
hahahhahah!! that picture of lizzy with the tree makes me laugh!!! her smileless face!! so adorable! i hope adam gets to write his exams now, that would be brutal to wait till after! i'm so happy for you that you get to go home! christmas is always better where you grew up, there's just something about home and christmas! have fun!!!
First of all, I am so sorry I haven't mailed your package! I've been pretty sick and then the kids got it and we haven't been able to get a lot done!
Going home for Christmas will be so great! We hope you have a fabulous trip and holiday!
Post a Comment